This course will consist of in-class practical exercises that will reveal necessary aspects of good experimental design, using a range of experiments from biology, physics and chemistry as case studies. The skills will be applicable to any senior science course students may take in the future.
During Infinite Knowledge Year 10 Science tutoring theory classes, students develop:
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of scientific concepts from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Earth Science strands.
- Skills to communicate in a succinct, logical and sequential manner using a variety of scientific formats including diagrams, graphs, tables and flow charts.
In addition to Theory classes, students receive:
- 170+ page Science Theory Booklet focused on building a thorough knowledge and understanding of key scientific concepts.
- 80+ page Science Work Booklet consisting of exam-style questions to reinforce their understanding of scientific concepts.
- Weekly Science short quizzes to assess knowledge , understanding and skills which help monitor and track progress.
- End of Term Science Topic Test performed under strict exam style conditions to prepare them for school assessments.
The topics presented in Year 10 Science provide solid foundations for science courses students may consider in Year 11.